Believe it or not, there’s more to “electrician-ing” than a hammer and electrical tape. We use a lot of tools unique to the trade to ensure the job is done safely and effectively. Here are a few of them:
- The Underground Toner saves us a LOT of digging time. We use this to find the exact location of wires through walls, ceilings, floors and even underground to inspect for damage or breakage.
- The Megohmmeter, or “Megger” quickly assesses the condition of insulation on wire, generators, and motor windings. It measures very high resistance values by sending a high-voltage signal into the object being tested. This is especially helpful after smoke, water, or fire damage.
- The Low-Voltage Troubleshooting Tool diagnoses problems in lines like phone, ethernet, or cable. It can find damage in a multi-wire assembly and determine how far away the damage is located.
- Motorized scaffolding, in addition to the articulating boom lift, scissor lifts and bucket truck in our fleet, drastically reduces the amount of time it takes for techs to cover large work areas.
- A FLIR (or Forward Looking InfraRed) Camera is a sensor that allows us to quickly scan large and small areas in electri